These days, stores are issuing out credit cards to their customers so as to make their purchases meaningful. Unlike visa, Mastercard, and American express, store cards can only be used at the retail chain store. One of these stores that issue out credit cards is kohls. Kohl’s credit card is a store-branded card issued by capital one. Meanwhile, kohl’s credit card can only be used at Kohl’s and other kohl’s department stores. This is because it is not issued on any major card network like a visa or Mastercard. As a store card, kohl’s card can be a good idea for building credit.
However, kohl’s is a chain store in the United States that retails clothing at an affordable rate. And it frequently offers discount promotions of as much as 35% for loyal shoppers. So, to make purchases meaningful to customers, kohl’s offers its own store retail card. Besides, kohl’s card is also a charge card. As a charge card, you are expected to pay your balance completely at the end of every month. Because if you don’t, you will incur a huge Annual percentage Rate of 24.99%. This means the interest charges could cost you dearly if you dare to carry a balance.
Benefits of Kohl’s Credit Card
On the contrary, kohl’s credit card does not offer any rewards program. But it comes rewards for avid shoppers via its kohl’s cash rewards programs. When you shop with kohl’s, you earn rewards. Thus, kohl’s card offers the following benefits;
- As a new cardholder, you get 35% off everything you first purchase with your card.
- Get access to additional savings offers throughout the year.
- Enjoy a special anniversary every year.
- You can join your kohl’s card discounts with kohl’s cash and rewards.
- As a store-branded card, kohl’s card comes with a $0 annual fee. Thus, you can save money on fees.
- You can benefit from mobile payment options like hassle-free returns, kohl’s pay, online and mobile bill payment.
- With your card, you can shop at kohl’s and other kohl’s department stores.
- This card allows you to gain access to additional savings throughout the year.
- There is no limit to the number of points you can earn.
- Once you’re approved and your card arrives, you’ll get a 15% additional discount.
Above all, you can become kohl’s MVC [Most Valuable Customer] and get additional offers. To become kohl’s MVC, you need to spend at least $600 in a calendar year. Once you become kohl’s MVC, you’ll enjoy birthday gift and free shipping benefits.
How to Pre-qualify for Kohl’s Card
Meanwhile, kohl’s comes with an eligibility checker which you can use to check your eligibility before applying. Thus, you can pre-qualify for kohl’s credit card. You can prequalify now with no impact on your credit score. To prequalify, follow the steps below;
- On a supported web browser, visit kohl’s official website.
- When the page is fully loaded, navigate down and tap the ‘Get Started’ link’ under the apply now button.
- On the prequalification page, enter your first name, last name, address 1, address 2 [optional], city, state, zip code.
- Also, enter your email address, last four digits of your social security number, and date of birth.
- By ticking the box below, understand that it is not a credit card application.
- After that, click on the submit button.
That’s all. Kohl’s will review the information you provide as well as the information on your credit card report. This is what kohl’s will use to determine if you prequalify with no impact on your credit score.
How to Apply for kohl’s Credit Card
Applying for kohl’s credit card is free and easy. Meanwhile, a fair credit score is needed to apply and get approved. To increase your chances of approval, you should have at least a FICO credit score of 640. But most credit card issuers also consider existing debt obligations and income when considering approval. You can make an online application using the steps below;
- Visit kohl’s website on your mobile devices using the link above.
- Then you will be redirected to kohl’s card application page.
- Personal information – first name, last name, email, phone, and work phone [optional].
- Your home address – street address and zip code.
- Verify your identity and income – date of birth, social security, and annual income.
- Then tap the purple Review button below.
- On the next page, scroll down and agree to the information above and disclosures.
- Lastly, tap the purple Apply link.
And you’re done applying for a kohl’s card. Your application will get to kohl’s immediately and you’ll get a message via mail or phone for more information soon.