If you have heard about discover it cashback chances are that you might have heard of Discover it Chrome. Superficially, discover it cash back and discover it Chrome lookalike based on fact that they are from the same issuer. Which is the discover bank. Besides, they have some simple exterior with the words ‘Discover it’s inscribed across the front.
But in this article of mine, I’ll be talking about Discover it chrome. The Discover it Chrome issued by Discover bank is a cashback card that features gas and restaurant rewards.
Besides, if you are a student discover it chrome card might be suitable for you as it helps you build your credit history when used responsibly. However, this card needs a bit of maintenance. Because you must remember to activate the categories at the start of each quarter to earn the five percent bonus.
On the contrary, the card is tailored to those with excellent credit. Thus, you need to have at least a credit score of 670 to apply and get approved.
Benefits of Discover it Chrome
When it comes to benefits, I would like to say this card is outstanding because it offers amazing benefits and rewards. With excellent and meaningful welcome bonuses, competitive rewards rates, and lesser fees to speak of. To learn about the benefits, go through the section below;
- As a cardholder, you get 2% quarterly at restaurants and gas stations on up to $1,000 in combined purchases every quarter.
- On every other purchase, you’ll automatically get one percent cashback.
- Discover cards are accepted in up to 99% of countries that accept credit cards.
- It offers a long promotional introductory APR for 14 months on balance transfers and purchases.
- Discover allows you to check your FICO score freely.
- You can activate free social security number alerts.
- Discover reports your account activity to the three major credit bureaus which are Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion. This helps to build your credit rating.
- It comes with a $0 fraud liability which makes you not responsible for unauthorized purchases made on your account.
- At the of the first year, you’ll automatically get two times the rewards you earn. Therefore, $100 cashback becomes $150 and $200 becomes $400.
- You can check your account and pay bills online.
- Discover it Student Chrome does not come with an annual fee.
- No foreign transaction fees. So, you don’t have to bother about paying extra fees when you travel overseas.
- You can redeem your rewards for any amount at any time.
- If you lost your card, you can freeze your account online or via the app to prevent new purchases.
- Immediately you become a cardholder, you can earn $50 statement credit when you refer a friend and they get approved.
As you can see, this card is really decked with benefits and they are meant to make your purchases meaningful.
How to Apply for Discover it Chrome Card
Having gone through the amazing benefits of the Discover it Chrome Card, you might get interested in it. If that is the case, then you have to make an online application. You can apply online or by using the app. to apply online, check the steps below.
- Visit the Discover it chrome card website on your preferred web browser.
- On the homepage, click on the apply now button.
- You will then be redirected to the application page.
- There, enter your name, home address, primary phone, email address, date of birth [MM/DD/YYYY], social security number, citizenship status, employment status.
- Also, enter your total gross income, monthly housing/rent payment, and bank accounts owned.
- Then click on the Next button.
From there, you will be directed on what to do to complete the application. However, this card comes in different designs which makes it looks attractive. When applying, you should choose your favorite card design.
Discover Card Login
Nevertheless, if you already have Discover it chrome card or you eventually get it after applying, you can manage your account online. But to achieve this, you need to login to your discover card account. The login process is quite easy and can be done using the steps below;
- Visit the discover website using the link above.
- There is a login link at the top right of the homepage, click on it.
- Then the log in page will appear.
- Firstly, enter your user ID on the first field.
- Input your password on the second field.
- Lastly, click on the log in button below.
Immediately, your account will be signed in and you can manage your account in the way you like. When you login to your discover card account either online or via the app, you can check your account and pay your bill.