Benefit from the low introductory rate on balance transfers and purchases on Citi simplicity credit card when you create an account. Citi simplicity credit card issued by Citi is a card that offers 0% intro APR for 18 months on balance transfers and purchases. So, if you are the type looking for a card with a low intro rate, then the Citi simplicity card is what you need. This card does not come with annual fees, no late fees, and no penalty rate. As a cardholder, you can transfer any balance amount. In as much as the total amount of your balance transfer, your Citi card is less than your available credit limit.
On the contrary, the Citi simplicity credit card charges fees on transactions made in a foreign currency. Which is 3% of the United States dollar amount of each purchase. But after the intro APR period is over, your APR variable will be 14.74% to 24.74% based on your creditworthiness.
Meanwhile, there is a 3% balance transfer fee which is a minimum of $5 for each transfer. Also, there is APR for cash advances. The APR for cash advances is 25.24% and the APR fluctuates with the market based on the prime rate.
Benefits of Citi Simplicity Card
As expected, everyone will expect to get benefits from anything they are using. Thus, the Citi simplicity credit card comes with its own share of benefits. To know what this card offers, kindly go through the section below;
- You’ll get an interest free 55 days on purchases.
- This card is issued on the Mastercard network. This means it accepted anywhere Mastercard cards are accepted.
- Citi simplicity card offers you 0% APR for 18 months on purchases and balance transfers.
- It comes with a $0 annual fee and no fee is charged on late payment.
- You get free when you dine with Citibank dining program.
- You can use your card for contactless payments, Apple Pay, and Samsung Pay.
- Extended warranty and complimentary purchase cover insurance.
- With your card, you can unlock priceless experiences through Mastercard priceless cities.
- You get to enjoy Citi world privileges and installments plans with your card
- Complimentary transit accident insurance.
- Enjoy 24/7 customer service if your card is stolen or lost.
- It comes with a $0 fraud liability.
- Complimentary guaranteed pricing scheme.
- When you pay your minimum due on or before the due date, you get 10% back on interest charges.
The greatest benefit of this card is its introductory APR on balance transfers and purchases. Meanwhile, there are other benefits you’ll get to enjoy with this card apart from the ones listed above. But Citi simplicity card does not earn any rewards.
How to Apply for Citi Simplicity Card
Citi simple credit card application process is designed to easy just like the name of the card. You can apply online or using Citi mobile application. You can apply using your phone or computer cos it’s a paperless sign-up process. To apply for this card online, check the guidelines below;
- Launch a web browser on your phone or computer and visit the Citi simplicity card website.
- Under the image of the card on the card’s website, click on Apply Now.
- Then you will be redirected to the application page.
- Personal information – First Name, Middle Initial (opt.), Last Name, Suffix (opt.), Home Address, Social Security Number, Date of Birth (MM-DD-YYYY), Country of Citizenship, Mobile Phone Number, and Email Address.
- Then enter a security word hint and security word.
- Financial information – Total Annual Income, Monthly Mortgage/Rent Payment.
- Tick the account you have.
- Add an authorized user if you want.
- Read and agree to tot the terms and conditions.
- After that, tap the Agree & Submit link.
Note: To apply, you need to be 18 years or older and older and an Australian resident. Also, you need to earn more than $35,000 a year. The application process is straightforward and can be completed in ten minutes.