Most of us are used to writing emails in English as it was the only option available. If you ever need to write an email in another language, you had to write it in a separate language editor, copy it, then paste to your mail editor and send it. Meanwhile, Gmail has now made it easy with Input Tools. Enabling it gives you the option to choose English or any language you want to write your mail in. On the other hand, Gmail also known as Google mail is a webmail service that can be accessed via any web browser when connected to the internet. Gmail is popularly used and the best email service provider of the 21st century.
Furthermore, Gmail comes with 15 gigabytes of storage space, which is shared with google drive and google photos. You can buy additional storage space if necessary. The primary thing users will note is that, apart from having your regular email account, you can also add other, different accounts to the app. All thanks to this feature that makes it possible for users to get all their emails in a single place, without having to resort to any other email manager. If you’re wondering how to write an email on Gmail in English, then you’re in the right lane.
Gmail has been of great importance to the internet for the past decade. Before the emergence of Gmail, AOL, and Microsoft [outlook] were the commonly used webmail. But since the introduction of Gmail, it has overtaken other email services and has become an inevitable tool for everyone. You can provide the latest updates to your customers and keep in touch with your employees through Gmail.
Input tools on Gmail that Aids your English
With Gmail, anyone can provide the latest updates to their customers and keep in touch with their employees. Irrespective of where your clients and employees live, or what language they use, Google mail allows you to write in any alphabet through its transliteration feature. Input Method Editor. Make use of a Latin alphabet keyboard to convert your keystrokes to Asian characters. This option is not available in all languages. Below are input tools that can aid you;
- Virtual Keyboard. Use an on-screen keyboard native to languages like Thai, Korean, Arabic, and Hebrew.
- Transliteration. You can type in English letters and they will get replaced by their correct letters of the language. Have it in mind that transliteration is different from translation; the sound of the words is converted from one alphabet to the other, not the meaning.
Composing Mail in your language
After you have enabled Input Tools, click on the “Compose” button to bring up the mail editor window. A new button is located at the top right of the editor with the icon of a keyboard or any one letter of your language which you can use. Click on it to select your language and input type.
How to Write in Hindi on Gmail
- Log in to Gmail, click the gear icon and choose “Settings” from the menu to navigate to Gmail’s Settings page. The General tab is selected by default.
- Tap the “Show all language options” link in the Languages section and then check the “Enable input tools” box.
- Select “Hindi” and then tap the rightward arrow to add Hindi to the Selected Input Tools list. Then, Click on “OK.”
- Tap the “Save Changes” button and then start a new email.
- Click on the “Select input tool” icon and choose Hindi from the menu to switch to Hindi.
- Then, write the email in Hindi and then send it.
Note: you need to understand that with languages apart from English, you will be sending an HTML mail always. Which means the receiver won’t be able to read your mail if he is using a non-HTML text-only email client.