Not so long-ago Google mail sign up could only be done through invitations from users who already had a verified Google web account. Signing up on Google is free and easy. Google mail accounts can be created through a user’s Google account if one already exists, or by completing Gmail’s simple registration process. On the contrary, Gmail is an email service provider built and developed by Google. Gmail is the short form of Google mail. It is Google’s free email service that enables users to send and receive e-mail over the Internet.
Meanwhile, you can access Gmail on googlemail.com. if you already have a Gmail account, kindly login to Gmail to use. But if you don’t have a Gmail account, it means you have to sign up for Google mail. Signing up for Google mail is easy. To access Google mail, you need to sign up on googlemail.com. And during the sign-up process you will choose a username and a strong password. Creating a Google mail account provides you with a Gmail login id. With a Gmail login id, you will have access to other Google products like YouTube, Google play, Google chrome and lots more.
Problems Associated with Google Mail Sign Up
You will be unable to get a certain email address if the username you used is;
- Very similar to an existing username (for instance, if email@example.com already exists, you can’t use firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The same with an email address that someone used in the past and then erased.
- Already being used.
- Kept by Google to prevent spam or abuse.
If you think someone has created a Gmail address to try to impersonate your identity, you can;
- Make a report with the internet crime complaint center.
- Contact your state’s office of consumer protection.
Use Google Email for Your Business
Also, you can use Google mail for your business. When you a Gmail account for business, it gives your brand a professional image and builds customer loyalty. To use Gmail for business, a G Suite account might be better for you than a personal Google Account. G Suite starts at $6 per user per month and includes the following:
- Possession of employee accounts so you are always in control of your company’s accounts, emails, and files.
- A professional, ad-free Gmail account using your company’s domain name, such as email@example.com.
- Increased Gmail and Google drive storage.
- Advanced security and administrative controls.
Creating a Gmail account helps to increase brand awareness.
How to Sign Up Google Mail
Creating a Google mail account is free and simple. To create a Gmail address, you’ll first need to create a Google mail account. Google will redirect you to the Google account sign up page. When you create a Gmail account, you can access other Google products with your Gmail login id. Below are steps for you to follow in creating your Google mail;
- Launch your web browser and go to www.gmail.com.
- On the sign-up page, click on the ‘’Create an account’’.
- A new page will open, where you are expected to fill out the required fields.
- Enter your first name and the last name and of course the username you want to use. After typing your username, Google will check if the username is not in use. if it is, you have to use another one until Google approves.
- Once it is approved, proceed to fill the rest of your information. Having done that, click on next.
- Now you have to create a strong password not less than eight characters. I suggest you use numbers and letters for a more secure password.
- After entering the password, you will need to verify it to confirm you’re not a robot.
- Finally, click on sign up to create your Google account.
Having followed these guidelines, you’re set to start using your account for sending and receiving emails.