How can I change my Gmail password or how do I reset my Gmail password? There are now many Gmail Users who will like to reset or change their Gmail password. However, they don’t exactly know how to go about it. If you fall under this category, relax because in today’s article we will be discussing on How to change Gmail Password and easy steps and guidelines to follow will be provided. Gmail has you know is one of the best email service providers in the world. And like other email service providers, Google mail allows all its users to change their password anytime and anywhere.
Your Gmail account carries your personal or business data and information. And so, it is important to change your password routinely. Changing password as we know is important because it helps to keep our accounts safe from hackers and other third parties. To ensure your Gmail messages and account settings remain private from others, it is important your change your password frequently. Know that a secure password is the surest way to protect your Google mail account and data and it is important to reset it, ensuring that it is difficult to guess by others.
How to Change Your Gmail Password
You can either change your Gmail password on your computer, Android, or iOS device. On your computer, you will need to login to your Google account to do so. For android and iOS users you can conveniently change your Gmail account password by downloading or using the Gmail app on your device. Changing your Gmail password on your computer or mobile device is as simple as ABC. However, you will need a strong data connection in order to enjoy the process faster and better. Now you can follow the process below.
How to Change Your Gmail Password on Computer
To change your Gmail password on your desktop device, you will need a strong data or wifi connection to make the process faster and easier. Now follow the steps and process below;
- Open your computer web browser
- Go to the official sign in page of Google
- If you are already signed in, your account setting will appear but if not your will need to sign in to your account by following the on-screen instruction
- Select Security and tap on it
- Under signing in to Google, select and tap on Password
- Enter your current password and tap on next
- Now enter new password
- Confirm your new password by re entering it
To complete the process, you will need to tap on Change password and your password will automatically be changed and will take effect immediately.
How to Change Your Gmail Password on Mobile
To change or reset your Gmail password on your android smartphones and tablets or on your iPhone or iPad follow the steps and guidelines below;
- From your device home screen, tap to open the Gmail App
- Tap on your profile photo
- Click on Mange your Google Account
- Tap on personal info at the top of the screen
- Now scroll down and click on password
- To continue, verify yourself by entering your current password and tap on next
- You will then be taken to the Gmail change password page
- Enter a new password
- Confirm the password by reentering it
Finally, tap on Change password, and your password will automatically be changed and the new password will take effect immediately.