How can I change my Yahoo password or how can I change my password in Yahoo Mail? Changing passwords is something that is done to protect one’s account. Maybe you think your Yahoo password is similar to some other passwords you used to set up an account, you can change it and make it unique from other passwords. Yahoo is of no doubt one of the top-notch email service providers in the world. Presently, Yahoo has over 225 million active monthly users across the globe. Yahoo provides every user with a password while signing up for an account. This password gives you access to your Yahoo email account and every other Yahoo service you use. For this reason, it is advisable to change your Yahoo password regularly so as to keep your Yahoo account safe.
Changing your Yahoo password helps to keep your account safe from hackers and immune from unauthorized and illegal access. When you change your Yahoo mail account, you provide protection for your account and prevent others from guessing. In the meantime, you can change your Yahoo password from a desktop or mobile browser and on the Yahoo mail app for mobile devices. Maybe you just feel like changing your Yahoo password or you forgot it, you can reset and change it on the Yahoo mail platform. To change or reset your Yahoo email password, kindly read on.
How to Change Yahoo Mail Password
As stated earlier, you can change your Yahoo password on mobile devices and on Desktops as well. This is because you can sign up or create a Yahoo mail account on any device you wish to use. Hence, we’ll be showing you a step-by-step guide on how to change your password on mobile and on a computer/desktop.
How to Change Yahoo Password on Desktop
You can change your Yahoo password using a desktop computer by visiting the Yahoo Platform via your web browser. Changing your password is pretty easy to do on desktop and can be done using the steps below;
- Visit the Yahoo website on via your web browser and login if prompted.
- Click on the name and select ‘’Settings’’ from the drop-down menu.
- You will then be re-directed to the Yahoo mail page. Tap ‘’Account Info’’.
- Select ‘’Account Security’’ on the left side of the next page.
- Click ‘’Change Password’’ in the ‘’How you Sign in’’ section.
- Then a new box will be displayed to you. Enter the new password you want to use in the field provided.
- Re-enter the password again the ‘’Confirm new password’’ field.
- Then click the blue ‘’Continue’’ button below.
Meanwhile, you may be asked to enter a recovery email and phone number. You can choose to do that later by clicking ‘’I’ll secure my account later’’. Once you are done, you can go back to your emails.
Changing Password on Mobile
Also, you can change your Yahoo password via the Yahoo mail app for mobile devices [Android and iPhone]. Although you can access the Yahoo portal on your mobile device via your web browser. But the app is a faster means for mobile users.
- At first, you need to have the Yahoo app downloaded on your device.
- Then open the Yahoo mail app and click on ‘’Manage Accounts’’.
- Select ‘’Account Info’’ on the Manage Accounts section.
- Click ‘’Security Settings’’ and enter your password if prompted.
- After that, tap ‘’Change Password’’.
- Two empty fields will appear. Enter your new password on the first field and confirm it by re-entering it on the second field.
- Lastly, tap ‘’Continue to save your password.
While entering your new password, try turning on ‘’Showing Password’’ to be sure that it is exactly the password you want to use.
How to Reset Yahoo Password
Perhaps you forgot your Yahoo password while trying to login, you can reset it and have access to your account. To reset your password;
- Visit the Yahoo mail login page on your device.
- Enter your username, email or mobile on the field provided and tap Next.
- Tap ‘’Forgot Password’’ on the next page.
- Yahoo will then choose to send you a password reset link. It can be sent via email or SMS. Depending on how you set up the account. Choose the option you like best.
- Once you get the link, use it to create a new password for your Yahoo account.
Once you reset your Yahoo password, you can change it to something stronger and unique and not less than eight characters.