If you like making online payments, then you must have probably heard of PayPal. PayPal is one of the means of making online payments and purchases and it is a useful tool for making payments. It allows you to make payments at numerous retailers using your PayPal account instead of traditional payment means. Thus, you can make payments from different sources by linking your bank account to your PayPal account. When you link your bank account to your PayPal account, you can send money online from your bank just like using a debit card. If someone also transfers money to you via PayPal, you can as well move it into your bank account.
You can pay for your online purchases and transfer money quickly and conveniently when you link your PayPal account to your bank account, debit, or credit card. With this, you don’t have to enter your card account information each time. However, you can link your bank account to your PayPal account using either the PayPal Mobile App or PayPal.com. So, in this article, we’ll be showing you how to add a bank account to your PayPal account.
How to Link Your Bank Account to Your PayPal Using the PayPal App
To link your bank account to PayPal using the app, follow the guidelines below;
- At first, launch the PayPal app on your mobile device.
- Irrespective of the bank you use, you have to wait for two to three working days before your account is verified. It is quite different from the web version which has an automatic linking option for some major banks.
- Once you’ve launched the app, log in to your PayPal account when prompted and click the ‘Log In’ button to access your account.
- Then click the gear icon to display the settings menu. You will find the icon at the top right corner of the screen. Once you click it, you will see a different menu with multiple options.
- From the menu, click on ‘’Banks and Cards’’. You will then see ‘’Banks and Cards’’ where you can add and remove bank accounts and cards.
- Now click the ‘Plus’ icon and select ‘’Bank Account’’. You will see the ‘’Link a Bank’’ screen.
- Choose your account type from the ‘’Type’’ menu.
- Click ‘’Type’’ and select either ‘’Savings’’ or ‘’Checking’’ from the menu.
- Input your account information. Enter your bank account number and routing number in the provided fields.
- Now tap ‘’Link this Bank’. Enter your online banking details to add your bank account to your PayPal account immediately.
- Or else, tap Link your bank another way at the bottom of the page. Enter your bank details and click ‘’Agree and Link’’.
As a result, you agree to allow PayPal to send two small deposits to your bank account. However, it may take up to three working days for the deposits to arrive.
How to Add Bank Account to PayPal Using PayPal.com
Likewise, you can link your bank account to PayPal using the PayPal website. Hence, you can add your bank account to PayPal using the guidelines below;
- Launch a web browser and visit www.paypal.com
- At the top right corner of the website, click the ‘Log In’’ button.
- Enter your login details which include your username and password. Once your details are correct, you’ll see your PayPal dashboard.
- At the top of your account homepage, click the ‘’Wallet’’ link. That is where you can find all your payments method.
- Then click on ‘’Link a Bank’’ to begin the process.
- Now add in your Bank account info. You can link your bank account details via Bank Verification or Transfer Wire.
- However, PayPal has to know the country of your bank and details such as your account number, branch location, bank code, bank name, and branch code.
- Ensure that the names on your bank account and PayPal account correspond so as to avoid paying a fee for returned withdrawals.
- After that, confirm the bank card.
Once you’ve completed these steps, verify with Union Pay card. Then a confirmation will be sent to sent to your mobile number. It does not require any deposit. Voila! Now you can use your account to make online purchases, and extract PayPal funds to your bank account.
Why Can’t I Add a Bank Account to My PayPal Account?
On the contrary, you might experience difficulties while trying to link your bank account o your PayPal account. Here are some of the reasons for these problems;
- Your bank account must be a U.S. bank.
- The name on your bank account must correspond with the name o the PayPal account.
- Maybe your bank account is already used on a PayPal account that has a limitation or a balance less than zero.
- You can’t link a bank account to more than one account at a time. Simply remove the bank account from the PayPal account it is connected to.
- The bank account is linked to three PayPal accounts in total. You cannot link a bank account to more than three PayPal accounts while in use.
Meanwhile, you can link a bank account to a PayPal account at a time. And when approved, you can add it to another PayPal account. But you will get approval notification after you’ve linked the bank account with another PayPal account.