How to Set Up Facebook; Facebook is known for its wide range when it comes to social networking. It is the world’s largest social media network with billions of active users all over the world. People make use of Facebook to do a lot of things, like to create personal profiles, add other Facebook users as Facebook friends, send and receive message, etc. After signing up on the platform and adding Facebook friends, users communicate with some or all of their Facebook friends by chatting or sending private messages or sending public messages.
On Facebook you can make a post and add as your Status update which will be visible to all your Facebook friends. The first step in accessing the Facebook platform is to sign up and create a new Facebook account by visiting the official site www.facebook.com. This leads us to the next important discussion;
How to Create Facebook Account?
Creating a Facebook account is the first important thing to do before accessing the Facebook world. To create Facebook account is absolutely free and accessible to all internet users. Here are the simple steps to create Facebook account;
- Firstly, search for www.facebook.com using your web browser or just simply launch the Facebook app. After the page finish loading, locate and click on the Create an Account button.
- Fill in your real first and last name, email address, mobile number and the rest of the registration form. When done, click on the Sign-up button at the bottom of the page.
- Facebook will send a verification message to either your email address or phone number. After you’ve successfully followed the instruction in verifying your account then you will be granted full access to your newly created Facebook account
After you’ve successfully created a Facebook account, the next step is to set up your Facebook account. Setting up your Facebook account includes; Adding a Facebook profile photo, adding a cover photo, adding Facebook friends, managing your Facebook privacy, etc.
How to Set Up Facebook Account
You can set up your Facebook account from either the web or from the Facebook app for Android and iOS device. The steps in doing this is actually straight forward and simple. I’ll state out below the procedures on how to set up Facebook account from different angles.
Adding a Facebook Profile Photo
- Sign in to your Facebook account.
- Go to your Facebook profile by clicking on your name at the top or tapping the Profile icon in the app menu.
- Click or tap the circle-shaped profile photo to upload one.
- When using the web, a page will appear where you will be able to select and upload image file from your Computer. On the mobile app, a menu will pop up where you will tap the ‘Select profile Picture or Video’ button to select an image file from your device.
- After selecting the photo, click the Edit option to crop or add frame to customize the look of the image. Then click Save.
Adding a Facebook Cover photo
- Using the web, go to your Facebook profile. Click the ‘Add Cover Photo and then Upload Cover photo’ at the top left of your Facebook profile page. While on the Mobile app, tap Edit at the bottom right of the cover photo area.
- On the web, click Upload photo from the dropdown menu to select an image file from your Computer. While on the mobile app, tap ‘Select Profile Picture or Video’ from the menu that pops up.
- Use your cursor or your finger to drag the photo up or down in the cover photo area to position it the way you want. When done, click/tap ‘Save Changes’.
Adding Facebook Friends
After setting the above-mentioned Facebook profile, you can start adding friends by sending them ‘Friend request’. You can achieve this by searching for friends by their Facebook name in the search option on your Facebook page. As soon as you have gotten few Facebook friends and have also liked and followed some Facebook pages, then Facebook will automatically carry out a friend recommendation search to link you up with ‘people you may know’. If you recognize the friend(s) Facebook suggest for you using their profile image, then you can as well click the option to send them a friend request.