Most times we take a lot of pictures, with friends and families and even personally. But the problem is that we can’t show these images to others. This might be due to the fact that some of the images need a little touch-up like Changing of size, Cropping, Combining two images together, etc. But then, we don’t exactly know the right tool to use. Well, I got the right suggestion. With IrfanView, you can do all these on your Microsoft windows for free. What then, is IrfanView?
IrfanView is a freeware image editor, viewer, organizer, and converter program for windows. It is simple and easy to use for both beginners and professionals. The graphic image editor was designed and created only for private, non-commercial use. However, to use the image editor for commercial purpose it requires paid registration. IrfanView also has a lot of amazing features that make it stand out among others. It was the first windows graphic worldwide with multiple GIF support. Also, it has two versions for your windows which are IrfanView 64 bit and IrfanView 32 bit. Each of the versions also comes with its own unique functions and feature.
Features of IrfanView Download
Meanwhile, IrfanView has undergone some upgrades over the years. These numerous changes are what make the IrfanView a unique and outstanding window graphic viewer/Editor. This only confirms what I earlier said, that the freeware image editor has a lot of unique features. When you visit the homepage, some of the features you will find are Download, Languages, Plugins, Skins, Screenshot, and About. However, the earlier mentioned features are not the only features. Here are other features and a detailed explanation of the latter ones:
- It provides its users with two versions for their windows, IrfanView 64 bit and 32 bit.
- The graphic viewer, support multi-Language
- Many supported File Format
- Also, it provides you with a paint option e.g., to draw lines, circles, straighten images, etc.
- It is very fast for directory View
- The thumbnails allow for picture organization and management
- It allows you to change color depth
- You can cut and crop images with the tool
- Add overlay text/image
- Irfan View helps to scan you image before you start working on it.
- Image creation such as Splitting into tiles and combining images is possible with this tool
- It has a simple user interface for both beginners and professionals
- You can create Icons, by converting common graphic files into icon format with the help of IrfanView
- It supports a lot of browser toolbars with its unique search engine toolbar
Also, the IrfanView plugins help to handle several additional images, videos, and sound formats. Also, it helps to add optional functionality such as filter processing, etc. IPTC editing, Multimedia player, Email option, Unicode support, and much more are also features of the IrfanView download.
IrfanView is mainly for windows, and cannot be used on your mobile phone. Meanwhile, like I earlier stated, Irfan View keeps upgrading its versions. The current version of the Freeware graphic viewer 4.56, can work with all versions of Windows. So, you can download IrfanView for your window 10. Moreover, the older versions are also compatible with other Windows versions and can run in Linux. Here are steps to download the tool on your window:
- Go to the official website www.irfranview.com
- Click on the download
- Select the IrfanView version you will like to download
- Then, select the available bit downloads
- You then, be redirected to the next page. Select your desired Windows Installer
After selecting your preferred windows installer, click on it to start downloading the app on your Window. However, to complete the process, launch and grant the app permission on your window. However, note that IrfanView mac is not available, you can check online for other alternatives for mac.