Kroger credit card is a card issued by the U.S bank national association. It is a credit card designed for those who love Kroger products and stores.Plus, you can apply for it at the customer service desk or online. Meanwhile, the Kroger credit card is issued on the Mastercard network which means it is a Mastercard and also comes with Mastercard benefits. Also, it is accepted anywhere Mastercard is accepted. The Kroger credit card has now replaced the 123 rewards card and it does not longer accept visa cards. The Kroger Mastercard is suitable for,
- Those who exclusively make purchases at Kroger brand grocery stores.
- People who are not willing to pay an annual fee.
- Someone who want to earn free groceries but does not want to mess with rewards program.
Furthermore, you can earn rewards with Kroger rewards Mastercard and receive a $25 fuel discount for a year by redeeming fuel points. With the Kroger rewards Mastercard, you’ll simply get unlimited rewards. Kroger is one of the biggest grocery chains store in the United States with more than 2,700 stores across 35 states. If you are an enthusiastic shopper at one of the several stores in the Kroger family, you might be thinking of the Kroger 123 rewards world Mastercard for you everyday grocery runs. As one of the biggest chain stores in the United States, Kroger is a product that several people easily recognize. Also, if you reside in an area where Kroger is the grocery store of your choice, you probably spend a good portion of your paycheck there.
How Kroger Mastercard Works
Occasionally, Kroger credit card offers promotional bonus for new cardmembers. The present Kroger offers is a discount on gas when you redeem points at Kroger fuel centers. This discount is worth up to twenty-five per gallon and the promotion is decent for your first year as a cardholder. At the end of the first year, you’ll get a discount of five cents off five cents per gallon when you pay with your Kroger 123 credit card. Besides, you’ll earn one point per eligible net $1 spent anywhere Mastercard is accepted as well as two points per eligible net $1 spent in the Kroger family of companies. And three points per eligible net $1 on the Kroger family of companies own brand products. For every eligible net purchase, you’ll earn free groceries including 5% cashback on eligible net purchases on Kroger stores.
Unlike other credit cards, Kroger Mastercard does not charge an annual fee and it does not charge fees on foreign transaction. This amazing feature makes the Kroger credit card stands out among all other credit cards. Additionally, it a regular balance transfer APR variable of 11.99% to 24.99% as well as a balance transfer fee of 4%, $10 minimum. Late payment fee could cost up to $39 while returned payment fee could cost up to $35. Also, it has cash advance APR variable of 25.24% and a cash advance fee of 4% or $10 minimum. In free groceries, every 1,000 points earned is equivalent to $5.
Benefits of Kroger REWARDS World Mastercard
Kroger 123 rewards is really good credit card used for earning rewards and so it comes with amazing benefits for its users. Some of its benefits are highlighted below;
- With your Kroger Mastercard, you’ll earn 5% cash back on all eligible net purchases.
- Kroger does not charge an annual fee.
- This card is accepted worldwide at over one million ATMs.
- You can grow your rewards quickly with automatic bill pay.
- It offers you Mastercard global assistance, travel assistance such as passport and visa requirements and help with stolen or lost travel luggage and documents.
- Also, you can get $25 fuel discount for a year at Kroger family of fuel companies centers by redeeming 100 fuel points.
- It has an outstanding APR variable.
- For the first year, you’ll ger 25 cents on gas discounts.
- Redemption is restrictive and cumbersome. Unlike cash back credit cards that allows you redeem the rewards you earn for real cash; you can only use Kroger rewards towards purchases at Kroger stores.
- Unfortunately, this card has terrible points value. It has terrible points in the sense that every point you earn with this card is only worth 0.5 cents each. Which means even the maximum rewards rate of three points per $1 is just worth 1.5 cents.
- Your rewards points will expire after 36 months if you don’t make use of them.
How to Apply for Kroger Credit Card
Applying for a Kroger REWARDS World Mastercard credit card is very easy and convenient. To successfully apply for this card without any hassle, follow the steps below;
- Visit the Kroger Mastercard official site.
- On the homepage, locate the Apply Now button and click on it.
- On the application page, start by entering your personal information which includes your shopper’s card number, suffix, first name, last name, middle name, date of birth.
- Social security number [SSN], country of citizenship, primary phone number, mobile phone number, and email address.
- Next is your housing information which includes your physical address, suite/unit, housing status, and monthly payment.
- Then enter your income and employment information such as total annual income, employment status, and source of total annual income.
- Add an authorized user if you want.
- Review and accept the terms and conditions.
- Lastly, click on the Submit button.
In conclusion, Kroger REWARDS World Mastercard, you should consider going for if you shop mainly at Kroger family of companies and Kroger and are pleased to use your rewards at those locations. Keep in mind on the application page, you can also login to Kroger’s credit account by clicking the Kroger credit card login at the top right corner of the page.