If you frequently shop at Best Buy or if you are an avid Best Buy shopper, then My Best Buy Visa is hugely recommended. Best Buy is an American chain store that retails appliances, cell phones, electronics, video games, computers, and newer tech. Meanwhile, Best Buy offers two different credit cards for its customers – My Best Buy Visa and My Best Buy Credit Card. Both cards do not charge an annual fee but one is better than the other in terms of rewards and usage. So, in this article, we’ll be considering My Best Buy Visa formerly My Best Buy Mastercard.
My Best Buy issued on the visa network is a card that offers you rewards on all purchases you make at Best Buy and other stores that accept visa cards. Unlike My Best Buy Credit card, this card can be used at millions of locations worldwide. But the fact that rewards are only restricted to Best Buy plus its high APR for purchases makes the card less appealing to those who do not mind its rewards structure. Thus, you have to pay your balance in full at the end of each month to avoid high-interest charges.
Benefits of My Best Buy Visa
Like I said earlier, if you are a devoted shopper of My Best Buy, My Best Buy Visa is a great card for you. It comes with excellent rewards rates on purchases made in-store including returns on grocery purchases and dining. The interesting part is that you earn rewards in form of points and you can redeem them at Best Buy. To know more about its benefits and rewards, go through the section below;
- When you make purchases at Best Buy, you get 5% back in rewards.
- Elite plus cardholders earn 6% back in rewards on Best Buy purchases.
- On all purchases made at gas stations, you earn 3% back in rewards.
- On dining and grocery purchases, you get 2% back in rewards.
- No annual fee charges.
- On all other purchases, you get 1% back in rewards.
- Unlike My Best Buy store card, you can use it anywhere visa cards are accepted.
- As a cardholder, you get a welcome bonus of 10% back in rewards on your first purchase. 2.5 points per $1 spent on eligible purchases at Best Buy.
- Enjoy special financing options starting on purchases of $299 and up.
- Your rewards points do not expire on the condition that the account is active every 12 months.
- Also, cardmembers can use certificates for discounts on Best Buy merchandise.
- You can also stack certificates with other discounts and deals.
- When you earn up to 250 points, your reward certificates are automatically emailed.
Although this card offers special financing on all purchases, I suggest you ignore that offer. The reason being that opting for this offer will annul any rewards points you earn on that purchase. Another reason is that financing little purchases at Best Buy is not a wise financial decision. Above all, this card is best for frequent Best Buy shoppers but casual shoppers should be careful of its fees as it could negate their rewards.
How to Apply for My Best Buy Visa
Applying for a My Best Buy Visa card is very easy and can be done in few minutes. Meanwhile, this card requires people with fair credit. This means your FICO score must be within the range of 580-669. For vantage score, 650-699.
- On your mobile device, visit the My Best Buy Visa official website.
- Locate the blue ‘Apply Now’ button and click on it.
- Then sign in to your BestBuy.com account to proceed to the application.
- But if you don’t have an account, click on ‘Create an Account’.
- Then entered the required information and click the ‘Create an account’ link below.
- Now sign in to your account to apply for the card.
Note: To apply, you need to be at least 18 years of age and have a United States SSN and address. When you make an online application, you are likely to get an instant response. And once you’re approved. You’ll get your card within seven to ten working days.
My Best Buy Visa Card Login
If you already have the My Best Buy credit card with you, you can log in to your card account. Unlike other credit cards, it has two different login process. You can either log in with your Citi login details or link your Best Buy account with your Citi account and sign in via Best Buy. To login your account, follow the steps below;
- Visit the Best Buy account login page.
- On the homepage, you will see the login page on the left side.
- Then enter your user ID and password.
- Finally, click the sign-on link to access your account.
After you’ve signed in to your account, you can view account activity, make payments, check card balance, and update account information.