In our last article on Outlook, we talked about how to delete an Outlook account. But today, we’ll be showing you how to sign in to your Outlook account or how-to login to Outlook Microsoft. Outlook Microsoft is a personal information manager by Microsoft. It is an email application that also includes a web-based client, calendar tool, task manager, contact manager, and web browser. Also, it includes skype on the web, add-in integration, and alerts including unified themes that span across all the web apps. So, if you have an Outlook Microsoft account and you want to login on to your device. Then you are very lucky to come across this article.
First of all, Outlook is formerly known as Hotmail. But it is now transitioned to Outlook. Thus, you can now access the Microsoft email service using Outlook.com. The Outlook version was introduced first in 2012 and made available to the general public. At that time, users can create an Outlook account using the Hotmail domain name which is @hotmail.com. Later on, users received the option of having an outlook.com email address. From there, Outlook began to improve its service and it continues to amass users on its platform. Presently, Outlook is one of the most used email services in the world as it has more than 400 million active users.
How To Login Your Outlook Microsoft Account
Once you create an Outlook or a Microsoft account, you can login to your Microsoft Outlook account on any device. You can login either on a mobile device or on a desktop. Thus, only those with an Outlook or Hotmail account can login to their account using the Outlook login portal. Logging in to Microsoft Outlook is very easy and can be done using the steps below;
- Launch a web browser and visit the Outlook official website.
- At the top right of the homepage, click on the ‘Sign in’ link.
- Then you will be redirected to the login page.
- On that page, enter your email address, phone number, or Skype name.
- After that, click the blue next button.
- On the next page, enter your password on the field provided.
- To stay automatically logged in, tick the box near ‘Keep me signed in.
- Having done that, tap the blue ‘Sign in’ button below.
At once, your Microsoft Outlook account will be signed in and you will be taken to your Outlook inbox. As you can see, accessing your Outlook account is pretty easy and you can sign in within few minutes. Meanwhile, you should not check the Remember me box if you’re using a public shared device.
Forgot Outlook Password
In case you forgot or lost your Microsoft Outlook account login password, you can create a new one. To do that follow the guidelines below;
- Visit the Microsoft Outlook account login page using the link above.
- Enter your email address on the first page and click next.
- On the next page, tap the ‘Forgot password’ link.
- Choose the reason you can log in and select ‘Next’.
- Input the email address you used to set up your Microsoft account.
- Input the characters you see on the screen and select ‘Next.
- If you add security info to your account, select whether a one-time code will be sent to your alternate email address or phone number.
- You will get a code on the next screen.
- Then set up a new password.
If you don’t have or can’t get to your security info (your alternate phone number or email address). Click I didn’t get a code when you’re prompted for a code at sign-in, or I don’t have access to these when you’re resetting your password, then follow the instructions.