San Mateo credit union is a California based non-profit making institution established in 1952 that aims to help its members achieve financial health. It is a financial organization that offers a huge range of valued financial services and products and gives its members a feeling of personal identity and belonging as an owner. Presently, San Mateo credit union has over 90,000 members and its has up to $55 million in revenue and $1 billion in assets. Unlike other financial institutions such as banks, san Mateo’s credit union is owned by its members which implies that it invests its earnings in things that are beneficial to its members.
On the other hand, banks are owned by shareholders are their aim is to make much profit as possible so as to enrich the shareholders. San Mateo credit union operates on social media which includes Facebook, twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. If you are a user of any of these social media platforms, you can join or follow them. Above all, SMCU has a good reputation and it offers access to a wide range of banking products.
What San Mateo Credit Union Offers
Furthermore, there are some things that San Mateo Credit Union offers that makes it stands out among other financial institutions. All these are mainly designed for members of this non-profit making organization as they can enjoy their membership. SMCU offers the following;
SMCU simply offers you checking and savings account for you and your business.
- Personal savings: These includes regular savings accounts, digital savings accounts, health savings account, money market account, holiday club savings account, certificates, Coverdell education savings and account.
- Personal spending: These includes personal checking, visa prepaid debit card, visa gift card, personal credit cards, mobile wallet, courtesy pay and ATM locations.
- Business savings: These includes business savings account and business money market plus.
- Business spending: These includes business checking and business credit card.
- Retirements accounts: These includes traditional IRAs, Roth IRAs and simplified employee pension plans.
As an SMCU member, you can get the money you need from homes to credit cards.
- Consumer loans: These include personal loans, personal credit cards, students’ loans and make a loan payment.
- Vehicle loans: These include vehicle loan center, auto loans, first time auto buyer program, pre-owned car sales, RV and boat loans, motorcycle loans and personal auto shopper.
- Home loans: These include home lending center, home buying, mortgage refinance, home equity, home loans experts, home loan payment help and accessory dwelling unit [ADU] loan.
- Business loans: Business rewards visa credit card.
Apart from accounts and loans, san Mateo credit union offers other services which includes investments, access, financial wellness and community.
Benefits of SMCU
As a san Mateo credit union member, you’ll enjoy great benefits as SMCU supports community financial wellness. One thing that has led to the success of SMCU is its employees. So, to appreciate their effort, san Mateo cu is dedicated to upholding excellent work practices, and amazing benefits. Hence, SMCU offers the following benefits;
- As a member, you can get a credit card to match your needs.
- Its credit cards have a relatively low APR which is as low as 1.99%.
- When you borrow a loan for yourself, that is personal loan, rates are as low as 8.99% APR.
- You can make payments and manage money from your mobile device.
- You can also earn 1.00% APY on your first $50,000 in balances.
- APR for auto loan is as low as 1.99%.
- Certificates rates is as high as 0.75% APY which means more for you.
- SMCU offers dental, medical and vision insurance.
- All members enjoy generous paid sick time, holidays and vacations.
- You’ll enjoy tuition reimbursement and other development opportunities.
As a SMCU member, you stand a chance to enjoy the amazing benefits above. This financial cooperative has been a monetarily sound credit union with a long history and outstanding reputation in the local community.
How to Become a Member of SMCU
How can I join San Mateo credit union or how can I become an SMCU member? If you are interested in becoming a member of this great organization, then you can move on to enroll by following the guidelines below;
- Launch a web browser and visit san Mateo credit union official website.
- On the homepage, locate the join button and click on it.
- Navigate down and click on the join now link.
- Then a page will pop-up which says ‘current SMCU member or new to SMCU?
- Since you are new to SMCU, click on continue to application.
- On the next page, select your eligibility, at least a product required for membership and click on the continue button.
- Then you will be redirected to the enrollment page.
- Start registering by answering the question that says ‘Are you an employee of San Mateo credit union?
- Then enter your SSN, first name, middle name, last name, suffix [Jr., Sr., etc.], date of birth, mother’s maiden name, and citizenship status,
- Current physical address – address, zip, city, state, occupancy status, and occupancy duration.
- Contact information – preferred contact method, email, home phone, cell phone, and work phone.
- Identification – ID type, ID number, ID state, ID date issued, and ID expiration date.
- Then enter your employment status.
- Provide copy of government issued photo ID.
- Answer the question that says ‘Do you have any beneficiaries?
- Also, answer the question that says ‘Do you have another applicant?
- Lastly, click on the continue button.
Note: To become a member of san Mateo credit union, you must have a family member, roommate or domestic partner that is a member of SMCU. You must also be a member or employed by one of its partner business or organizations. And you must reside, work or attend school in the city of Alto, San Mateo County or select Francisco zip codes.
San Mateo Credit Union Login
Meanwhile, if you are already a member of san Mateo credit union and have already signed up for online access, you can manage your account online anytime. But to make an online management of your account, you need to login your account which is very easy to do. Thus, you can do that by following the guidelines below.
- Visit SMCU official website using the link above.
- Once the page loads, locate the login link at the top right and click on it.
- Clicking on it pops-up the login page.
- Firstly, enter your user ID on the first field.
- Then enter your password on the other field.
- Having done that, click on the login button.
If you input your user ID and password correctly, you will access your account online in a twinkle of an eye and with that, you can manage your bank account in a way you like.