In this era, online stores are issuing out their own retail store cards so as to make purchases meaningful to customers. As a result, you can use these credit cards for any purchase you make from these stores. Thus, there are different store cards for your everyday needs but Sears credit card stands out amongst others. Sears credit card is a store-branded issued by Citibank. This means you can only use this card at sears stores or sears.com because it is not issued on any card network like Mastercard or visa.
You can also use it at Kmart. As a store card, it does not earn you any rewards, but it offers you exclusive offers and monthly deals both online and in-store.
Furthermore, sears credit card grants access to coupons and cardmember events. Basically, sears offer two credit cards – sears credit card and shop your way Mastercard. Both cards are issued by Citibank and they come with no annual fee. With any of these cards, you can be eligible for special financing on select purchases on sears.com at sears. But if you frequently shop at sears, it is advisable to go for sears credit card. Meanwhile, its APR variable for purchases is 26.99% which fluctuates based on the prime rate. And when you make a late payment, you will incur charges up to $38.
Benefits of Citibank Sear’s Card
In addition, sears credit card comes with great benefits for cardholders. If you want to enjoy the special financing, you can go for six months no-interest special financing on the first purchase you make with your card. As a result, sears card offers the following benefits;
- Zero fraud liability on every unauthorized transaction. Thus, you are not responsible for any transaction you did not authorize.
- Twelve months financing on select sitewide purchases $299 or above.
- Just like most store-branded cards, sears credit card does not charge annual fees. This allows you to keep your card open for a longer period of time.
- With sears store card, you get either $10 off your first purchase.
The card does not really offer many benefits like its brother [shop your way Mastercard]. But the main thing is the special financing opportunities on certain product categories. Including savings on products that are not available to the public. To offset the high APR, you will need to shop at sears or Kmart frequently.
The special financing options differ based on the amount you spend and the type of purchase you make. For instance, when you spend more than $499 on electrical products, you may get 12 months of no interest to pay down the purchase.
How to Apply for Sears Credit Card
Applying for a sears credit card is free and easy. You can apply either in-store or online. Besides, application requirements are more restrictive than other store cards from synchrony bank. According to reports, applicants need at least a fair credit score before they are approved. That is, you must have a score above 650. Thus, we’ll be showing you how to make an application online.
- On your mobile device, visit sears Card’s official website.
- Then scroll down and click on Apply & Use Today besides the sears card image.
- Now sign in to your sears account. But if you don’t have a sears account, click on the blue link that says ‘Join for free’.
- Then the sign-up page will appear. Provided the necessary information and click on the Join button below.
- After you’ve created an account, input your username and password and click ‘Sign In’.
From there, you will be directed on what to do to make an online application. Likewise, you can apply at sears stores. But you will need to present photo identification. As an applicant, you can choose an application method convenient for you.
Sears Credit Card Login
You login to manage your sear’s credit card, make payment online, and view your transaction history.
- Go to the Citi Sears credit card login page.
- Enter your Credit card ID.
- Finally, click on the login button to have access to your Citibank Sears Card.