When buying items, transferring money, or giving out for charitable causes on Facebook services like Instagram, Messenger, and WhatsApp. Hurray! There’s now an easy and quick way of doing this securely. And this is via Facebook Pay. Facebook pay is one of the features available on the Facebook platform. It stores payment information such as your credit or debit card or PayPal account. Thus, you can use it across all Facebook-owned services without having to re-enter it for each transaction. Now the question you should ask now is ‘How can I set up Facebook Pay? But before I answer that question, let me tell you what Facebook pay is.
As we all know, Facebook continues to roll out more features on its website. The likes of Avatar and the Dating app are one and the payment service is not an exception. So, Facebook pay is a feature on the Facebook platform. Facebook pay is simply a payment service that can use to make purchases on Facebook and other Facebook-owned apps without being redirected to another page. With this payment service, you can purchase digital gifts for your business pages. And when you make transactions using this payment method, you will not incur any processing fee.
How Facebook Pay Works
The payment service on Facebook is definitely a convenient and easy way to make payments on Facebook, Messenger, Instagram, and WhatsApp. Choose a payment method by using either your credit card, debit card, or PayPal card. Hence, you can also view payment history, manage payment information, and access customer service via this payment service. However, Facebook pay is not available in all countries as Facebook keeps rolling out this feature in other countries. This service is rolled out to other apps and regions and Facebook aims to bring this service to more people over time.
How to Set Up Facebook Pay on Computer
As a Facebook user, you can set up Facebook Pay and make payments or purchases on Facebook and other Facebook-owned services. And you won’t have to re-enter your payment information every time. Meanwhile, you can set up Facebook Pay either on your mobile phone or computer. To set up Facebook Pay on your computer, follow the procedures below;
- Visit Facebook.com.
- At the top right of your feed, click on the small ‘Triangle’ logo.
- Navigate to Settings ad Privacy.
- Under Settings and Privacy, click on settings.
- Then scroll down and locate ‘Facebook Pay’.
- Click on ‘Add payment method’.
- Choose a payment method from the page that pops-up. PayPal or credit/debit card.
- Then connect to your PayPal account or enter your credit/debit card details.
Once you’ve entered the required information, click save.
Set Up Facebook Pay on Mobile Devices
To set up Facebook Pay on your mobile devices;
- Launch the Facebook app.
- On the top of your screen, click on the three horizontal lines and navigate to ‘Settings and privacy’.
- Click ‘Settings’.
- On the next page, locate the Facebook pay option under the ‘Account settings’ header.
- Then click add a new payment option under payment methods.
- Now enter your PayPal login or your credit/debit card details.
Once you’re done save the information and allow it to appear under Payment methods.