The Starbucks visa credit card issued by chase offers its users rewards that can be effortlessly redeemed from their favorite participating Starbucks store. With Starbucks credit card, cardholders can earn a star for every $4 they spend outside of the Starbucks stores. Also, users can earn up to three stars for every $1 they spend in Starbucks stores. Anywhere you go with this card, you’ll earn stars including 5,500 bonus stars after you spend $500 anywhere in the first three months after opening your account. You’ll also earn one star per $2 you spend at grocery stores, on internet, on local transit and commuting, cable, and phone services.
Furthermore, you’ll get 300 bonus stars for the first time you use your Starbucks reward visa card to add money to your Starbucks account. Chase will as well send you eight barista picks throughout the year. Food and drinks they love, curated just for you. Exclusive to your rewards visa card. The Starbucks visa credit card offers rewards program meant to operate in tandem with your Starbucks rewards membership. Though rewards on this credit card can be attractive, they are only useful to someone who plans to use them to slurp up more Starbucks menu item.
How Starbucks Visa Credit Card works
With chase Starbucks credit card, there is no limit to the number of points you can earn. You only need 50 points to redeem for a reward. In addition, you’ll get a sign-up bonus of 6,500 stars if you spend $500 in the first three months. As well as 300 stars when you use your Starbucks visa card to add money to your Starbucks account. it has 15.99% -22.99% APR variable on purchases and balance transfers. And a cash advance APR of 24.99%. A balance transfer fee of $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater. A cash advance fee of $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater also applies. Late payment fee is up to $39. While returned payment is up to $39.
On the contrary, it has an annual fee of $39 which is relatively high compared to other credit cards. Meanwhile, in the first year, you’re not charged a dime. Which means you have to earn to a galaxy worth of stars to compensate for the yearly fee. More to its drawbacks, you can only redeem points in Starbucks merchandise, including ready to drink bottle beverages, handcrafted beverages, and food items. Also, points expire after six months.
Starbucks Rewards Program
If you are a devoted Starbucks drinker, you must have heard about the Starbucks reward program. Starbucks has made its rewards program more reachable to its users by lowering the threshold at which you can start earn earning and redeeming points. Also, Starbucks has raised an amount of points needed to redeem a reward making the cards points less valuable. To make things easier, Starbucks has eliminated elite status as a requirement for earning and redeeming points. So, you don’t have to bother about registering in its visa card and paying the $49 annual fee to automatically qualify. Starbucks rewards visa card has tacked additional ways to earn bonus points such as rideshares services and groceries.
- You’ll earn two stars as a regular Starbucks member.
- One star for every dollar that you load on your Starbucks card with your Starbucks reward visa card.
- You will also earn one star per every $2 spent on grocery purchases, cable and phone services, local transmit and commuting internet.
- Lastly, you earn one star for every $4 on purchases that you make outside of Starbucks.
How to Apply for Starbucks Visa Credit Card
Applying for a Starbucks visa credit card is very easy. However, you need to note the following before applying.
- Applicants need to first sign-up to be a Starbucks rewards member. The application begins with a Starbucks rewards account.
- Visit the Starbucks official website.
- On the Starbucks homepage, scroll down and enter your Starbucks rewards login ID if you are a member.
- If not, scroll down and click on the Join Now button.
- Then create a Starbucks rewards account by entering your first name, last name, email address, password, date of birth.
- Review and agree to Starbucks rewards terms.
- Click on the Continue button.
When you become a Starbucks rewards member, you can then apply for the card. You can use your Starbucks rewards to earn free food and drinks, get free refills, pay with your mobile phone and lots more.