These days, a lot of store credit cards are not worth applying for. This is because they mostly offer high-interest rates and low rewards. The target credit card issued by TD Bank is quite different from other store-branded cards. Rather than providing a rewards system to customers, it offers you 5% back on all purchases in-store and online every time. Presently, the target credit card is one of the best store cards in the market. So, if you frequently shop at target, this card is a must-have for you. It offers generous rewards that allow you to save on every purchase you make at target.
Unlike most store cards, there are no fees to worry about. Target redcard is the second biggest discount store in the U.S. Thus, it is no doubt that a lot of customers will find all they need from food to electronics, clothing, and other household items. Meanwhile, target offers three different card options – a store card, a debit card, and a Mastercard.
Target red store cards can only be used within the target ecosystem while the Mastercard is accepted anywhere Mastercard cards are accepted. But if you tend to carry a balance, this card may look less appealing because it comes with a high APR that can outweigh its benefits.
Benefits of Target Red Card
Just like most store cards, target red card credit card does not come with annual fees. But the main benefit is the 5% discount on purchases you make at target and target.com. As a result, target red credit card offers the following benefits;
- With your card, you get $50 off a future qualifying purchase of $100 or more when you are approved.
- As a cardholder, you get more exclusives including offers and special items.
- There is an extra 30 days for return and exchanges. This card offers a 30 day of returning purchases for a refund. This additional time could be a lifesaver to persons with a busy schedule.
- When you make most of your purchases at target.com, you’ll get free shipping. Therefore, inasmuch as you don’t need something at the last minute, you don’t have to pay extra for making your purchases from home with your card.
- The 5% discount also applies to any purchase you make at any in-store Starbucks location you use your card.
- Also, you can save a 5% discount on specialty gift cards for travel, movie tickets, restaurants, and more.
- No foreign transaction fees. This means you can make purchases at international target locations without incurring additional charges.
- Early access to products, exclusive events, and promotions like seasonal sales.
As you can see, this card is really decked with amazing benefits especially for those who frequently shop at Target stores or target.com. But despite these rewards, you need to pay off your balance in full at the end of every month to avoid its high APR.
Target Credit Card Application
Besides, you can apply for a Target REDcard credit card either online or in-store. Meanwhile, this card requires fair credit history for approval. From the look of things, a FICO score of 620 or above is recommended but not required. When you make an online application, you have to fill out few forms and submit your details.
In most cases, you get approved after applying or it may take some days for further review. And once you’re approved, it can take up to seven to ten working days to get your card. Moreover, you must be at least 18 years of age and have a U.S. address to apply. You must also have an SSN or any of these – driver’s license, military ID, or state ID. But unfortunately, target credit card does not offer applies to new applicants.
Target Redcard Payment
You can make payment online with your Target Red Credit Card on the Target store. This card can not be used in any other online store, it only accepted on the Target store. This is why it’s called the Target Red Card, it’s different from the other Target card, like it Debit and Credit card.