Credit cards that allow for balance transfer are definitely good cards. With a balance transfer card, you can save a good deal of your money simply by not paying the interest rate. One of the credit cards that allow for balance transfers is U.S. Bank Visa Platinum Card. U.S. Bank Visa Platinum Card issued by U.S. Bank is a card the offers a long intro APR on balance transfers and purchases for twenty billing cycles.
If you are also the type seeking debt relief, U.S. Bank Platinum Card is recommended for you as well. U.S. Bank Visa Platinum Card is issued on the visa network. This implies that it can be used to make payments anywhere Visa cards are accepted.
On the contrary, U.S. Bank Visa Platinum Card does not offer any rewards and cardholder perks. So, if you need a rewards card, you need to look elsewhere. Also, it does not offer any welcome bonus which makes it less appealing. More to its backside, it is a poor card for using overseas because it charges fees on foreign transactions. You are charged 2% of each foreign transaction or foreign ATM. But its 0% intro APR makes it an everyday card including an interest-free period on balances you transfer elsewhere.
Benefits of U.S. Bank Visa Platinum Card
Despite the fact that U.S. Bank Visa Platinum Card does not offer any rewards, it comes with some amazing benefits to users. When you apply for U.S. Bank Visa Platinum, you get to enjoy the following benefits.
- It comes with a $0 annual fee. This means it is a perfect card for saving money.
- As a card cardholder, you get 0% introductory APR on balance transfers and purchases for twenty billing cycles. I would say this is one of the longest offers among balance transfer credit cards. But you need to make transfers after sixty days of opening your account in order to qualify for this offer.
- Auto rental collision and damage waiver.
- You can handle emergencies with its 0% intro APR. A credit card the offers a 0% intro APR can keep your finances more manageable.
- As a card issued on the visa network, it can be used anywhere Visa cards are accepted.
- It offers cell protection coverage when you pay your monthly regular bill with your card.
- Users of this card can choose their payment due date. Therefore, it’s handy to be able to pick when your payment is due.
- Free FICO score. You can check your credit score anywhere and anytime via the mobile app or online banking.
- You can add a digital wallet to your card to make payment convenient.
- Avoid interest and late fees with automatic payments that put you in control.
Above all, you can use your card for contactless payments. You can make payment anywhere you see the contactless symbol. It also offers fraud protection which helps you detect unusual activity on your card.
How to apply for U.S. Bank Visa Platinum Card
Meanwhile, U.S. Bank Visa Platinum Card requires excellent credit for approval. This means you need to have at least a FICO score of 720 to qualify. Although, a credit score alone is not the requirement for approval. But you need to have good credit to increase your chances of approval.
- Visit the U.S. Bank Visa Platinum Card application page on the U.S. Bank website.
- On the homepage, you will see a blue ‘Apply now’ button. Click on it.
- Then on the next page which is the application page, enter your first name, middle name, last name, suffix, email address, and primary phone number.
- After that, tap the ‘Next’ button below.
- Next is your street address, apt/unit/suite, city, state, and zip code.
- Then tap the ‘Next’ button below.
From there, follow the instructions given so as to complete the application process. Applying for U.S. Bank Visa Platinum is very easy and can be done in few minutes. But I think you need to estimate how long you’ll really need to pay off your debt before applying.
U.S. Bank Visa Platinum Login
Besides, U.S. Bank has a login portal on its website which every holder of the U.S. Bank Visa Platinum card can use to access their account online. So, you can log in to your account and manage your account online. To login to your account, follow the steps below.
- Visit the U.S. Bank login page using the link above.
- Hit the red ‘Login’ link at the top of the homepage.
- Then the login page will appear on that same page.
- At first, select the account type.
- Then enter your username and password.
- After that, click the blue ‘Login’ button.
When you login your account you can make a payment, check your balance, view transactions and much more.